Saturday, October 1, 2011

Change Of Plans

The plan for today was for all of us to go with Vincent to Chinese school, then head out to Carnation/Duvall for Oxbow Farm's annual harvest party. I seriously look forward to this all year. Even after we took the boys out there last year, in the rain, soon as we left, I was thinking of this year's party.

So, it was quite a bummer for me when David and I decided, at the last minute, not to go this year.

Vincent's definitely feeling better today, but with rain on the forcast, we didn't want to subject his little healing body to the elements. Over-protective? I think not. It's called, SELFISHNESS. Cuz, really, I'm sorry, even with how well he handled being ill this week, I'll be damned if he'll relasp. I want some healthy kids!

Like yesterday, we did need to take the kids out of the house for all our sanity. We ended up at Miller Community Center, that now offers their toddler playtime on Saturday mornings. Woohoo! And, it was awesome because a couple of other families we know pretty well showed up. Vincent enjoyed riding around with Liam and George, and Tyler enjoyed playing with Lexie and Milo. I got to chat with my friend, and David got to chat with his. As Michael Scott would say, "Win, win, win."

Ooh, and we discovered that Tyler, indeed, can ride a tricycle.
After Miller, David and the boys got Thai food, to go, while I did grocery shopping, all on 15th Avenue. We love that little hood.

This afternoon, while the boys rested, David went to Lowes for bricks and mulch, while I folded laundry and watched the end of "The Green Mile" on Joe TV. I also caught a short segment of Julia Child and Jacque Pepin on Create or PBS, whatever it is. Oh Julia. Once the boys were up, David convinced them to play together on their own while he and I folded potstickers. This was David's first time. I think he did really well. Can you tell which ones are his?

We cooked these up two ways: boiled and pan fried. They were delish.

For dessert, we went to Cake Envy, a new cake shop where our babysitter works.



2 comments:

  1. Hi Anny - I am enjoying your blog. if you'd gone to oxbow farm, we would have seen each other.. we were there for a good part of the afternoon. Are you around afternoons? Send me an email if you have time to gather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alicia! Such a bummer we missed out on the party. The weather was pretty good overall, and Vincent wasn't too sick, but we were just being cautious. Our neighbors went and said it was great. Next year! Still some sickos here around here, so when they're all better we'll play with you guys!

    ReplyDelete