Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Anny & Tyler Go To Los Angeles

David is working from home, half-day today, tomorrow, and taking Friday off, in order to take care of Vincent while Tyler and I spend a few days in L.A. with my family. The plan was to go to see my cousin, but she had a change of plans. We had gotten our tickets with miles, and since it's been since February when we were last there, we kept with our plans.

It's the first time Vincent and Tyler have been apart for more than a few hours. When I dropped Vincent off at school, I felt as if I was going to cry. He was excited for his next few days with Daddy. I gave him extra long hugs and extra kisses, to which I think were a little much for him, especially when he just can't wait to start his school day.

David dropped us off at the airport, and even walked us in. **FYI, kids under 12 years of age no longer need to take their shoes off going through security. I had Tyler get his own bin to put his little bag in, and slide it down the table and on to the belt and into the scanner. He loved it.
Then, he was super excited to get on the "airport train" to our gate.
Lunch was at Burger King. BTW, I ordered a Whopper Jr. and said only pickles, ketchup and lettuce. Instead, I got all the other stuff I didn't want. I didn't realize it until I'd taken a bite. Sigh. At least they fixed it mistake. Although, either way, it didn't taste good.
This was also the first flight that Tyler got to have his very own seat. That's nifty!
We sat next to a (much) older gentleman who seemed to get a kick out of Tyler. He was very nice to us, and told us how he had 6 children of his own. He was also quite amazed at seeing Tyler playing with my iPhone.

After Tyler ate a little more of his lunch, it took a little convincing, but I did manage to get him to take a nap for about an hour.
Made it to LAX.
Since there was going to be so much traffic anyway, we decided to stop at my sister's house first. I wasn't sure when I'd be able to see the addition my dad put on their house this summer, so this was pretty much our chance. She was just getting off work, too. Unfortunately, it took over an hour to get there. But, like I said, there wouldn've been traffic go to Hacienda Heights, too. We had dinner at their place. Tyler loved watching their dog, Frodo, chase around a spot with their laser pointer.

And, at last, Hacienda Heights. It didn't take long for Tyler to discover this little friend.
He got to bed late, but Ty was happy to be able to share a bed with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment