Saturday, October 29, 2011

Last Day In HH

Time to head home today.

First, we went to the Mattel factory outlet. All the years I lived in my parents' home, I new about this place, but never went. I guess I had no need for toys by the time we moved there. Now, this is like a gold mine. I mean, if you like Barbie's and Lightning McQueen. They have some other stuff, like Little People, Toys Story, and Thomas. I found a pretty good deal on a Thomas laptop for Tyler for Christmas. Mom also got him a couple of other Thomas things for Christmas. The tricky thing is that many of these things are huge, like the Geotrax train set. Not so convenient to take back to Seattle.

We also stopped and got a Yoshinoya beef bowl. If you think about it, they're disgusting. But, if you don't think about it, they're tasty. We don't have them here in Seattle, so I indulge while in L.A. I only really have about a 1-2 times a year quota on these anyway.

Soon, it was time to head to the airport. Tyler fell alseep in the car about 5 minutes from the airport. Great. He did transfer into the stroller, stayed asleep through check-in, made it through the security scanner, but woke up as I put him back into the stroller. Doh! Over all, he was good, though. He's not as interested in plopping in front of a screen the whole time, so there's more need to keep him entertained. Nonetheless, I was able to get through several pages of my book.
David and Vincent picked us up at SeaTac. It was time for dinner. The plan was for Z Pizza in Capitol Hill. We had forgotten it's Halloween weekend on the hill. Luckily, we found a parking spot right up front. Vincent had brought his stack of flyers for the Halloween haunted house his karate school is hosting tomorrow. He ended up passing a few of them out to the other patrons at the pizza joint. They kind of got a kick out of him. Two were dressed up, and so was he! While the boys finished up their food, I went next door to Yogurtland to get us dessert. So stinkin' cute that place. We each got a different Sanrio character spoon: Kerroppi for Ty (green), Hello Kitty for V (red), Chococat for David and My Melody for me.

Oh, and this morning, Vincent had a Halloween parade at Chinese school.
Tonight, I got to play with my new computer. It's so pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment