Sunday, October 9, 2011

Not So Great Day

David has had plans today to hang out with his buddies for a couple of weeks now. No problem, I'm all about him hanging out with friends. My plans were to take the boys to the opening of a new location for Sponge school. We haven't taken classes with them for over a year now. Frankly, they're just too expensive for what you get. And, thinking back on Vincent at Tyler's current age, he mostly spent the 50 minutes running around in cirlces, crashing into me, or climbing on me. Tyler does that a lot in general, so I wasn't about to plunk down all that money for him to do that to me in a class. One of the differences between having one child versus two. The second just doesn't get as much, at least in our family. Ugh, can you imagine if we had more children? That kid would be lucky if we remember to bring it along to Vincent's activities.

Anyway, I took the boys to Sponge in Bellevue to check out the new facility and to take a couple of their "mini" classes. Mostly, it was a planned activity for us. Unfortunately, this event seemed poorly organized to me. Or, maybe it wasn't, but there was so little space available to move around that it felt disorgaized. Right away, the boys were not into it. We tried out the Japanese class, but I think the fact that they were already put off, and then not understanding the language, they totally clammed up. At one point, they did get into it, but it took much coaxing, and soon as that part of class was done, they were back to clinging on to me, burying their faces, etc. And, we were signed up for a second class, but there was a 45 minute lull in between. Tyler clearly wanted their snacks, and Vincent clearly wanted to leave. What was I going to do with these guys?

After much deliberation, and a phone call to David for advice, I settled on taking them to Kids Quest and Factoria Mall. We ended up having an okay time. I did get upset with Tyler for crawling around on the bathroom floor - gross. Vincent requested we eat at Red Robin, to which I agreed and they did a lovely job behaving themselves. We got home super late. David even beat us home.

Tyler took an afternoon nap, as usual, Vincent hung out playing Legos, and I chatted on the phone with my friend, Andrea. When I was done, I wanted to roast a whole chicken for dinner, but by the time I got it all dressed and ready, it seemed like it wouldn't be ready in time for dinner. So, we took the boys to REI, then dinner at El Farol, Mexican food. Thank you, Living Social.

Vincent wasn't really eating, and also acted a bit annoying. When we got home, he was getting super upset and wheepy over things that Tyler was doing. It was time for him to go to bed. So, we got the boys to bed, and a couple hours later, when we took Vincent to use the toilet, he had a fever. Well, that explains the annoying behavior.  Bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment