Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Now The Car's Sick!!

No not really, but we did have to take it into the shop today to have the shocks checked and to get new tires. I'm really excited about the tires, and hope this will help with our hill problem. Our little Mazda has a hard time moving forward after it has stopped on a hill. There are many of those here, and it especially has trouble on rainy days. Not safe. Now, maybe David will figure out how to put chains on them for a future snow day.

With the car in the shop, Tyler and I were pretty much confined to home. I mean, we certainly could take the bus somewhere, or walk. We did walk to the community center and back. Tyler was doing fine entertaining himself at home most of the morning, while I piddled around in the kitchen. After a while, though, he seemed bored and ready for a change of scenary.

On our walk over to the park, we saw a small excavator clearing some vines. Tyler wanted to stop and watch. You can barely see it, but it's in the background of this picture.
Without the car, I couldn't pick Vincent up from school. He got a ride home from a friend's mom. So nice. His friend was actually scheduled for a playdate with another friend at their house. The three boys walked to their house, played a little, had a snack, and then Laura gave Vincent a ride home. I was really proud of him for not making a fuss about having to go home earlier than Max, and not actually being a part of that playdate. Even when I told him about it yesterday, he didn't complain about why he wasn't having the playdate, too. Maybe that concept doesn't come to their mind until later.

Oh, Tyler and I made a banana cake and banana blueberry muffins, too. We had lots of very ripe banan as in the house. I need to figure out what I want to frost the cake with. Of course, it'll be healthier to eat it like banana bread, but frosting is fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment