Friday, October 7, 2011

Another Sick Day

Tyler woke from his nap yesterday with a fever of 102 degrees F. Ugh! He didn't sleep well last night, which meant we did as well. This morning, he ended up in bed with us, but he and I slept in until close to 9am. Thank you, David.

By the time we got up, he seemed much better. Vincent's been obsessing over the Lego catalog, so I asked him if he'd like to take a little money out of his bank to go to the store and pick something out. He loved the idea. Of course, I had to let Tyler take some money out of his bank, too, and agree to let him find something.

We went to Bellevue Square to the Lego store. There's not much you can get with $3 and $5. We finally settled on something that was $5 for Tyler and $7 for Vincent. They overspent. Good thing they have more money in their banks so that I can tell them I'll take more out (but secretly, I won't). Tyler got himself an R2D2 keychain, while Vincent found a small Ninjago set with his favorite ninja, Kai.
I'm so proud of Vincent's ability to delay gratification. He wanted to play with his ninja right away, but when I told him that he may lose it and we should wait until we get home, he was totally fine with it.

We went to the play area at the mall for a little while. Whoah, that place was crazy! As a special treat, we went to McDonald's for lunch, and I let them get Happy Meals. Lately, we haven't been getting toys. After lunch, they even let me go shopping for a little while. They camped out on the floor of the Eddie Bauer sales section while I perused their racks.

We had Audrey come to watch the boys tonight. One of the activities I had for her to do with them was build a haunted gingerbread house. Here's the final product.





No comments:

Post a Comment