Thursday, October 20, 2011

Thomas Yearbook

I was able to get my flu shot rescheduled today. They were actually so nice to me, even though I no-showed two days prior. And, it was not busy at all in the office, so I was seen right away. I think this is the first time I've ever been able to stay within the 30 minute free validated parking at UWMedical Center. Woohoo! Tyler was so worried for me about getting a shot. He wanted to make sure that I got a sticker when I was done. They didn't have any out, so I had to ask. He was happy that I let him have my sticker, and even happier that they let him take home two. He was dead set on giving his other sticker to Daddy, not Vincent. Ha!

Afterwards, I took us up to Greenwood to Top Ten Toys. I thought, with it being a yucky rainy day, he would like to do something fun indoors. It's a huge toy store, for being locally owned, etc. I was able to get a small tub of Lego bricks to stash for Vincent for Christmas. Tyler didn't even notice me buying it, and never asked about it. I did get him two sheets of $.15 and $.35 stickers. He was satisfied with that. More stickers!

On our way out the door, I spotted these (I assumed, free) Thomas and Friends catalogs. They call it their "Yearbook." It's small, but pretty thick. I grabbed one and gave it to Tyler. He was surprised I was giving it to him, and thrilled. He perused the whole thing on our drive back to pick up Vincent from school. Sweet. I was so afraid he'd fall asleep on the way, but this defintely kept him up. He read it the way Vincent has been reading his Lego catalogs. He was so cute.
David and I had a date tonight. We had a parents' night party for Secret Garden. We're not entirely sure what went wrong, but when it came time to leave the boys with Tessa, their sitter, they had a fit. I was so distraught from all this, I had to spend about 30 minutes in the car, after we parked, to compose myself and get into party mode. They ended up having a great time with Tessa. Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment