Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Ba Bar

I'm totally guilty for going over our spending budget in eating out. It's lunches! There was a time when Vincent and I used to eat out for lunches quite a bit. I think it was because we'd be out and about, and by the time we're done with an activity, it would take up too much time to go home and prepare lunch. Or, at least, that's how I rationalized it in my head. I cut back a lot through the years, but recently, it feels like Tyler and I have been taking these nice, long, leisurely lunches out. It's nice for us to spend time together, and he loves it, but I feel so lazy for not making us lunch myself. Not to mention the extra money. I have been choosing things that aren't too spendy, and we mainly share our meal. But, still.

Today's lunch was so yummy, though! Tyler requested we go out to eat, of course. He asked for noodles, of course. First place that came to mind was Ba Bar. But, it's out of our way. I contemplated Boom Noodle, and even suggested it, but as I drove past, my tummy just wasn't feeling it. I had already set my mind on Ba Bar, even though I've never been. I just kept thinking of chef/owner, Eric Bahn's oxtail pho from his first restaurant, Monsoon. So good. We had to go there.

When we first walked in, Tyler took one look and wanted to leave. I think he was expecting for us to go to Boom, or somewhere else. Certainly not there. I convinced him to stay, and he was not sorry for that. We shared a pate chaud and a bowl of beef pho. Mmmmm, scrumptions. Perfect weather for pho, too. Rain, rain, rain. Eric even stopped by at our table and brought us a couple of shortbread cookies with jam in the middle. Tyler agreed that he'd eat all his food before the cookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment