Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Morning Outing with Tyler

It's been nice this school year to have so much extra time with Tyler. We pretty much had this time together last year, but Vincent got out of school 1.5 hours earlier, so it always sort of felt like we were rushing around. Now, we have more time to do stuff after we go to the gym, and with the extra day Vincent's in school, we even have a free day.

Today, we did our usual trip to the gym. This part is annoying. Tyler is always excited to go, wonders who he's going to see there, if Eva will be there, and when we get there, he acts like he hates it there. Today, he even did a little pretend phone call in the car to Eva. It went like this: "Hi, Eva! You go to Pro club today? I go." And, when we pulled into the garage and he saw their car, he exclaimed, "Eva IS here!" But, like I said, we walked into the daycare and he clung on to me,  and gave everyone else the cold shoulder. I finally said, "You know what? I guess you don't want to be here. Let's go home." I picked him up and walked out the door. We did have a conversation in the lobby, and he said he really wanted to stay. Sheesh! Once he's there, he's happy as a clam.

So, I had my workout, then picked him up, and we went to U Village so I can get some facial wash and hair goop. But, first, we went to Fran's for some hot chocolate. When we walked in, they offered us each a piece of their dark chocolate salted caramel. Um, okay! And, yes, I still got the cocoa.
Here's Tyler chewing on the caramel. He stuffed the whole piece in his mouth.
Their hot chocolate is so rich, you can only have a little. Mine was 8 oz. and they had a little left over to make Tyler a mini cup, but he didn't finish. Alice Hunt, I know you can't believe this, but he was a little chocolated out, I guess. Is this really your grandson?

We then got the stuff I needed at Kiehl's. The ladies there loved him. Then, we did a little window shopping, and he played in the kids' area. We rushed to World Wrapps to grab small wraps to nosh on in the car on the way to pick up Vincent. He finished just about all of his, which was the same size as mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment