Sunday, October 30, 2011

Together Again

Today, was our first full day back as a family. But, more importantly, it was Vincent and Tyler's first full day back as brothers. Oy. Lucky for me, I got to sleep in this morning, and missed some of the commotion. I could hear them while I was in bed, but I just ignored it. When I finally got up, they had all eaten already, and I just took my time eating my own breakfast and drinking coffee. I have a very nice husband.

We basically lounged around the house all morning. I took a shower while David gave Tyler a bath. Then, we all walked over to the ale house for lunch and to watch football. 

After that, we came home, Tyler took a nap, Vincent had quiet time, and David and I stressed over how to sync up my phone to my computer without losing all my stuff. We figured it out, mostly, but Apple does not do a very good job of letting you know how to do all this. I feel like they basically want you to open your new box of tech toy, plug it in, go through their basic set up, and be happy. There's nothing more to be done except enough the beautiful new product you just bought. Unless, of course, you are like many many people out there, and don't want to lose any of the content you previously had on your devices and such. Anyway, that's all blah, blah, boring stuff. In the end, we figured it out, and I mostly just need to decide how best to transition from Windows to Lion now.

The only major plan we had for our day was to take the boys to this Halloween haunted house hosted by Vincent's karate studio. The boys got dressed up in their ninja costumes, acted like wild creatures, got loaded into the car, and we arrived there all in one piece. 
Unfortunately, the event was basically just a haunted house, with one other little activity. The haunted house was said to be "black belt level scary," so we didn't take the boys through. Vincent did participate in the other activity, which was to break a wooden board. Cool, huh? Here he is with his broken board in two pieces.
I think, for the most part, this is a pretty easy skill to master, but not all the kids were getting it, so we feel pretty proud of our little karate kid.


Since this event didn't last long for us, we just went back home to have dinner. I made us spaghetti noodles with broccoli and chicken sausage. Vincent was totally misbehaving before dinner, and was sent up to his room to calm down. I tell you, the boy sure has a tough time with transitions. Anytime his regular home life is changed, he seems to be tough the first day. I guess he wasn't bad for David when we left, but having us back seemed to throw him for a loop or something. After a long (stern) talk from David, he was able to turn himself around. But, his craziness went on all day. We just had about enough by the time dinner rolled around.


The night ended well, with all of us playing a few rounds of UNO, and Vincent winning the final round.

No comments:

Post a Comment