Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Fun Dessert

The other day, after Audrey made a gingerbread haunted house with the boys, they've been asking about when they can eat it. It's so cute, I haven't wanted them to touch it, and now it's probably not so tasty.

In light of this, I decided to make them miniature houses out of graham crackers and let them decorate them with candy and eat them the same day! Lucky for me, Audrey had saved the leftover royal icing from last week, so I didn't have to make a new batch.

This afternoon, while Tyler napped and Vincent was still at school, I glued together pieces of graham crackers. Let me tell you, Audrey has now earned herself the title of "Best Nanny In The World" because I can't believe that she made royal icing with the kids, then pieced together a much larger version of what I was making, and had the kids decorate it, all in one short evening, and with the kids hanging around her. I couldn't piece together my pieces very well without any children. I think I lacked patience for the walls of my house to dry before adding the roofs. They kept falling apart.

Alas, I did it, and the kids were so excited to see the naked houses and even more excited to know that they would get to decorate and eat them.

Can you guess, based on colors, which house belonged to which kid?

Did you guess correctly?
They both wanted to eat the crackers, too, and made a decent effort at it.



No comments:

Post a Comment