Monday, October 24, 2011

Catering

I helped John with a catering event this evening out on the eastside in a beautiful, brand new, custom built home. We did hors d'oeuvres: steak tartine with carmelized ones, smoked white beans tartine with truffled kale, duck rillettes with quince preserve, and a camambert cheese with mostarda di uva and marcona almond, and hazelnut browned butter financier cake. I enjoy these events. The people dining are usually so excited about the food being from Lark. The hostess of the party told John how she got to say to her foodie friends, "Guess who's cooking in my kitchen tonight?" One of her friends recently had Anthony Bourdain cook in her kitchen. Maybe one day people will be bragging about Anny Hunt cooking in their kitchen.  Right.

David took care of the boys, once again, tonight. They had our very last meal cooked by Hannah and the ladies of Panacea. Hannah has decided to close up shop for various reasons, but she feels good about this. We will definitely miss their delicious meals. This morning, I had coffee with an old Lark friend. Afterwards, I stopped at Cupcake Royale and bought some cupcakes to take to Hannah and JM (and some for the family). It was just a small token of my appreciation to them for making Monday evenings a tiny bit less stressful the past two years. The meal was beef daube, which is a French beef stew. Mmmmm, so good. I had my portion when I got home from the party...along with my cupcakes (half a tiramisu and half a chocolate salted caramel).

No comments:

Post a Comment