Friday, October 21, 2011

Rocky Mountain Express

They boys and I went to the gym this morning. Afterwards, I had reserved tickets for us to see "Rocky Mountain Express" at the science center's IMAX theater. It's a documentary about the Canadian Pacific Railroad, but I was under the impression it was about the train itself. Not to worry, there was plenty of train footage. The one they used in the film must be the Rocky Mountain Express, or so I'm guessing. It was a beautiful and very interesting film.

It was a little bit of a struggle to get the boys there, though. I left the gym earlier than usual, but with parking, getting our tickets, then making our way to the theater, and buying them popcorn (cuz yeah, they had to have some!), we got into the theater just as the show started. It was super dark, and loud, which scared them both. I finally did convince them that it was okay to go inside, but the Vincent tripped and spilled some popcorn. I ushered him into a seat, still weepy, but soon as he sat, he saw the train and was golden. Tyler was mesmerized.

As we walked out of the theater, Vincent said, "Mommy, I really liked that movie. This was so fun." Awwwwww.

No comments:

Post a Comment