Sunday, October 2, 2011

On The Other Side

We had friends over for brunch today. They're David's friends from Florida that he went to jr. high and part of high school with. We've actually seen them all quite a bit since his younger days, as they all live here in Washington, but it's not often we all get together at the same time. It was great. There were two other little ones, Kai and Yuki, ages 4.5yrs and 6 months. Yes, they're brother and sister. But, Vincent wanted to play ninjas today, and he wanted to be the Lego Ninjago red ninja named, Kai. He also wanted to be called that. It was just a little confusing.

Before everyone left, I had to take off and go to work. Tonight, I worked on the other side, as a foodserver. It's a nice change. Although, working with food outside of my own house for people other than my family is a nice change in itself. But, tonight was an extra treat because I got to work with my friend, Gerald.

I first met Gerald when we were working together at the W Hotel. He used to say that we are cut from the same cloth. I believe it. Only, he's a much better looking Asian than I am. He dresses way better, has better hair, and probably takes better care of his body. Looks aside, he's down to earth, sweet, and fun to work with and be around. Like me, right? Hehe.

Anyway, we were two out of 7 servers for a large private party, with Lark cooking the food. Fabulous food, of course. Fabulous house, too. And, at the end of the night when we all got back to the restaurant, I got to see another familiar face, Ms. Flower, whom I also worked with at Lark years ago. She told me that she still tells people the story of how David and I first met and what made me decide to go out with him that first date, and that we're a story of how Internet dating can and does work! Ha ha!! I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment