Thursday, March 31, 2011

Story Drama

No, I'm not planning on telling a dramatic story about our day. Story Drama is the class that Vincent takes at the Children's Theatre once a week. Today was his last class of the season, so parents/caretakers were invited to watch the second half of the class to see what it is that goes on when they're behind closed doors.

Vincent is definitely one of the more talkative kids there. And, he almost seems like he's off in his own little world, but ever so slightly. He participates with the group, but will sometimes blurt out something that doesn't seem to have anything to do with Story Drama. I suspect that to him it does. I feel like he's imagining other things in his mind, along with what they're learning. It felt like he's just a touch behind in doing stuff, as if he was daydreaming, and had to suddenly snap out of it.

But, honestly, it was pretty hard for me to pay 100% attention on the class because I was busy trying to keep Tyler happy.

Overall, my boys were on the wild side today. We went to the meet friends at the Gymnastic Academy after drama. I couldn't keep up with them, especially since they'd run the opposite direction the whole time. At least they burned lots of energy. They were both so hungry on the ride home, I had to keep passing food back to them. And, when we got home, Vincent announced to me, "I'm still hungry!"

Both boys took a long nap. It took Vincent a while to fall asleep, but I ended up having to wake them both at 4:45pm. I would've done it sooner, but I fell asleep, too! I needed it because I woke up at 5am for some strange reason.

Tonight, I was totally uninspired to make dinner. Okay, unmotivated. David was coming home a little later, so I opted out of cooking. I was just gonna go to the ale house, but he suggested the Italian restaurant next door to it. Well, okay! I'd forgotten how spendy that place is. But, the kids ate their meal and were well behaved, and I got to eat good food that I didn't make.
Sadly, they didn't eat as much pizza as I had hoped. It's just not Tutta Bella, I guess.

And, this was taken in the morning, before drama class. Vincent was "reading" to Tyler. It was super cute. They sat and did that for about 10-15 minutes. At one point, Stella was up there with them. Must've been a really good story.


No comments:

Post a Comment