Friday, March 25, 2011

What To Say?

I think this would be one of those posts that's a bunch of stuff that probably means little to anyone but those who were involved. It was a good, but uneventful day.

Today's the final full day David's parents are in town. They'll be leaving on a super early flight tomorrow morning. We didn't do anything major. Vincent went to preschool. PopPop and Nana took Tyler to Lowes and to the gymnastics place down south for some tumbling around, but Tyler didn't last the full hour. I took the bus to pick up Vincent, but we got picked up since they were on their way back about the same time.

Back at the house, we all ate lunch, then the boys (including PopPop) took naps. Nana went for her first jog since she had the flu recently. I don't know what I did, to be perfectly honest. Oh, I remember! I sat in a little patch of sunshine and sorted through mail, falling asleep halfway through for a few minutes. Then, Alice and I just sat in the dining room and chatted until the boys got up.

Don worked on fixing our bedroom door (it doesn't shut properly), while Alice and I took the boys outside and all four of us dug around in the dirt, weeding and making a mess of ourselves.

I made us a dinner of grilled flat iron steaks (David grilled) with chimichurri sauce, steamed broccoli, roasted sweet potato strips, and some whole wheat pasta. It was a simple but delicious meal. We ate almost all the food!

We decided to do movie night after dinner, as a treat for PopPop and Nana's last night here. Tyler didn't last long, but at the end of the movie, Vincent was still energetic enough to dance around to the ending credits music. That kid's funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment