Sunday, March 6, 2011

Pampered

First thing this morning, I got a mani-pedi! David had made me an appointment on Friday afternoon. He gained some celebrity status, being the "husband who made his wife an appointment," as the lady doing my toes told me. I don't usually get manicures, but I don't think I can ever get just a pedicure from Madison Avenue Nails again because the combo is such a great price and feels oh-so-good.

Afterwards, I met up with my guys in the International District. They were on foot, and rode the bus downtown to see David's new office, then the light rail to the I.D. We had lunch at Gourmet Noodle Bowl. I first discovered this place last summer with a couple other Chinese moms. We were meeting at the library next door once a week for Mandarin storytime. We're always hungry afterwards, and this place looked interesting. Plus, it was empty and we had 4 wiggley children with us that would need lots of space and to eat quickly. Oh man! This place is the real deal Taiwanese food. And, HUGE portions. We over ordered that first time, and we over ordered today. Everything sounds yummy to me. Well, maybe not the pig diagphram, or some intestine stuff. I'm an adventurous eater, but NO THANKS.

And, when they bring you the check, they bring DumDums for the kids. My kids LUV them lollipops.
 
While I made dinner tonight (braised chicken legs with Chinese herbs with leftover noodles from lunch, and curried garnet yam fries), the boys played outside while David mowed the lawn. It was a jolly good time!

Lastly, "Open Season 2", not good.

No comments:

Post a Comment