Sunday, March 13, 2011

St. Paddy's Day Dash

I wasn't sure if I'd actually run it, but I did. Why not, you ask? Two reasons: 1) rain, and 2) daylight savings. But, I guess now that we've just bought a house in his rainy city, I need to just embrace it. When in Rome...

I don't think I would have done so well, though, without my friend, Andrea. The plan was to run with a group of friends, even though we were in different "waves." At the last minute, I decided that I would just go ahead, since their wave seemed to be much later than mine. Honestly, I don't know, I think I just got super antsy and if I waited any longer, I would have chickened out completely and just parked myself in a coffee house until they finished. So, I started to take off, and Andrea went with me. She left her husband to run with the baby in the stroller, which is what he was going to do anyway. And, he ran with other friends, too. It's not like she just ditched him completely. Lucky for me, though, she helped keep my going. I would've started walking by mile 1.5 if she didn't keep encouraging me. And, at the very end, we sprinted to the finish. I'm so proud of her, because I feel like she ran really well. Sure, that means I did, too, but I was definitely working to keep up with her.

As for her husband and baby, they made it to the finish, too. Jon even took Eva out of the stroller for a while and she walked along the route, super proud of herself. They win my "parents of the week" status for getting out there in the rain and running with their baby!

Yes, I took this while running. That's hard core.

Ooh, my time! 40 minutes, 13 seconds with a 10.36 minute/mile pace. That's about a minute faster than I usually run on the treadmill, so I'd say that's pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment