Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Journey to Nopalito - SF Day 3

David got up early and went down to the Ferry Building and got us breakfast sandwiches, as per my request, from Cowgirl Creamery's Sidekick, which is basically their cafe. We both got a "Ham and Tam" Bambini. Basically, it has ham and Cowgirl's Mt. Tam triple cream cheese with whole grain mustard, on an Acme Bread Company bun. We had free coffee from our hotel lobby, again. It's good coffee.

After David left for work, I went down to the hotel's (awful) gym and spent 30 minutes on the treadmill. Sheesh, it was so hot in there, I felt like passing out after 10 minutes. But, I made it. Then, I went back to the room and spent the next 3 hours working on our 2009 family photo album. I've been working on that thing for the last year, and I'm still only on October. Anyway, that's what I did until I realized it's almost time to check out. So, I showered, finished packing, and checked out.

Since it was about lunch time, my plan was to get on the #21 and back to Hayes Valley, where we had dinner at Nopa the other night, and try out Nopalito, Chef Lawrences other restaurant. It was a bit of a journey.

-Go to the bank and get cash for the bus. Can't remember my pin code because I hardly use that debit card, so I had to stand in the long line to withdrawl cash and make change
-Wait for the bus, which I must've just missed because it was a long wait, and it was late.
-Ride the slow bus down to Haye Valley
-Walk around trying to find the restaurant
Okay, okay, now that I'm typing all this, it wasn't that big of an ordeal. Nonetheless, it was worth it. At 2:30pm, I sat down and ordered my delicious food. I had their Panucho de Pollo al Pibil and the Taco de Pescado al Pastor.
I would've ordered more food, but I was meeting David at 5pm for dinner. Yes, a mere 2 1/2 hours later.

We had already planned to eat at the Imperial Tea Court or http://www.imperialtea.com/ for their afternoon tea service. They had a tea and dim sum special for $17. I ordered their Lychee Blossom tea and David had one of their Oolong teas. Our dim sum pieces were smaller than the norm you get at a dim sum restaurant, but they were tasty.
Here's proof that we were really there...


After tea and dim sum, we had gelato and then bought a thing of cheese to take home. We had all these plans of getting more stuff at the ferry building, but didn't find what we wanted other than the cheese.

We took the Bart to the airport, which was fairly painless. Our flight got delayed about an hour, so we got back to Seattle pretty close to midnight. I sat next to a, um, not so nice man. He seemed alright on the flight, but when we arrive at SeaTac, he was huffin' and puffin' about having to wait for another plane to pull away from our gate before we could park. When we finally got to the gate, he made a big stink about me getting up and standing in the aisle so that he can get up, even though there was clearly no room for me, and definitely no room for him. Why should I get up off my seat, just so I could stand and wait? When I told him that I had nausea from the turbulance on our decent and would rather sit, he responded with "That's not my problem." Ooh, wee! Now I certainly wasn't going to get up. After a few minutes, I did get up, squeezed into the aisle, and stood there. He got up, and stood in our row. My comment to him, "There, now did that make a difference?" Ha!

So we made it home. The kids were sound asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment