Friday, March 4, 2011

*Sigh*

Another sick child.

Tyler's had a fever since Tuesday afternoon. It seems to come and go, but by this morning, he still had a slight fever. My plan had been to drop both boys off at daycare this morning, since Vincent's school was going to a play that I didn't buy tickets for. I was going to have the whole day to myself. Sounded heavenly. Oh well, one day the boys will both be off to elementary school, and I'll have plenty of those. So, instead, kept them home and we went grocery shopping. We then rushed home for lunch and a quick nap, so that I could take Tyler to the doctor at 2:20pm.

It's a good thing I took him. His lungs sounded "crackly" to his doctor, so he had a chest x-ray done. No pneumonia. Whew!

And, I did have a little time to meal plan for the next few days. It's always interesting to me when I do this because I'm never quite sure if it'll go as planned. It's usually a loose plan that I put together and am pleasantly surprised if I can pull of most of the meals, even if I don't end up making them on the intended day. Whatcha think?

Tonight - leftover chili; made a pan of corn bread, one bunch of sauteed lacinato kale, and a baby greens salad.
Saturday - Mushroom farro risotto, baked salmon, and another baby greens salad
Sunday - Braised chicken legs with Chinese herbs
Monday - Not cooking; Panacea is making us chicken pot pies. YUM
Tuesday - breaded fish fillets (frozen, from Costco; fancy), potato salad, cippolini agrodolce
**This is where I start to lose steam in the planning...
Wednesday - some sort of pasta
Thursday - Date Night; kids will likely have mac n cheese
Friday - frozen pizza; unless I make it the grocery store and become reinspired

No comments:

Post a Comment