Friday, March 11, 2011

Leisurely Lunch

That's exactly the way Vincent likes his meals. Relaxed. Slow paced. Lots of conversation. And, that's exactly how we had our lunch this afternoon. I believe we dined for about 1.5 hours. I can't complain, it was a yummy meal.

We went to Cafe Presse. When I picked him up from preschool, I was drinking a cup of coffee, and he said, "Mommy, you know what I want? Hot cho-co-late. Can we please have that for lunch?" Well, no, but I was happy to get it for him as a dessert, since he asked so politely. I didn't just want to eat at a coffee shop, even if the one nearby does have sandwiches. It's not a guarentee they'll have one I like. So, I decided that we'd go get the best hot chocolate in town, at Cafe Presse. And, I'd be able to get food that I like.

Vincent didn't seem to like anything I read to him, until I said, "steak." I was a little surprised, especially since he answered so quickly and with such certainty that that's what he wanted. Steak Frites it is! I ordered myself a Salad Verte, and us a plate of dates, sheep's cheese and pistachios. Vincent didn't like the dates, but loved the rest of that plate, so it became his starter. He also ate some of the hazelnuts off my salad. So, when he only ate about half an ounce of hanger steak, I wasn't too concerned. What I wasn't thrilled with was that our steak was pretty tough, so I had to cut his portion into about 20 miniscule pieces in order for him to eat it. It still took him F-O-R-E-V-E-R to eat. He also didn't eat as many fries as I thought he would, but tried aioli and loved it.

So introspective about his cheese, nuts, and bread.

Finally, he finished his steak, and we had their Chocolat Chaud.
One luscious dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment