Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Extrovert?

All signs of Vincent's temperment point to him being an extrovert except for one thing: he doesn't like to talk about his day, or tell others about stuff he did in the past. According to a book I read, "Raising Your Spirited Child," one of the traits of an introverted child is that he may come home from school and want to be left alone, not wanting to talk about his day until after a little time to himself to recharge. The extrovert would be the opposite, ready to burst at the seems to tell Mom all about what he did at school, etc. It's interesting to me, and makes me wonder why he doesn't like to talk about the "past." Maybe he just loves to live life in the moment.

I say all this because today was Vincent's first day back at school since his break. He missed on Monday because of his bronchitis. When I dropped him off this morning, many grownups were asking him about his vacation in L.A. and about Disneyland. He clammed up and didn't want to talk about it. He was a little tired and quiet already this morning, and it can be overwhelming to have so many people asking you questions. But, at the end of the day, when I picked him up, his teacher said that he never really opened up about Disneyland or the trip. He did talk a little bit about his grandma and grandpa, but that was about it.

Tyler, on the other hand, already seems to like telling me, what he could, about his day. He doesn't say much, of course, but when he sees me, he'll nod his head and say things like, "Percy." Which is what he said when I came home from the dentist this morning. He was with David and apparently, they did watch Percy, the train, on T.V.

Tyler and I had our first real moment alone today for the first time in about 2 weeks. It felt good to just be with him and go at his pace. Then, Vincent and I had a little bit of time together, too, this afternoon. We read a couple of new books and just hung out quietly.

Tonight, I went to meet up with some girlfriends at a bar. Only, I didn't confirm that it was still on, and apparently, it wasn't. Yup, I was there all by my lonesome. But, it wasn't so bad, once I got over the initial feeling of looking like I was stood up, cuz really, I wasn't. The cocktail I had a super yummy, and I chatted with the bartender for a little bit. It was nice to sit there and listen to some grown up music and just be alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment