Monday, March 21, 2011

My First Day in SF

After I walked David to his building (across the street), I headed over to the ferry building. It's neat to see the shops getting ready to open up. It's like a fancy, cleaner Pike Place Market. Such neat shops and restaurants. I had a cheese roll from Acme Bread Company, then came back to the hotel to get ready for a workout. That was a delicious roll, by the way. My head is sort of spinning from all the places I want to eat at.

I came back to the hotel and worked out in the gym. Okay, what is up with hotel workout rooms? It's like a total after thought when they're building the place. Can we get a window?

After the workout, I made an appointment for a massage, got showered, and went to look for some lunch. I wandered, and found Focaccia. I just got a small salad, but was able to build my own. It's sort of like the one I get from Il Forniao at Pacific Place in Seattle. Tasty, and healthy. I took my salad, cookie and coffee back to the hotel and ate it on the roof top terrace. There was sunshine, and a wonderful view of the water, Bay Bridge and Ferry Building. I ate, then read a book for about an hour, until the sun was no longer directly on me. It was pretty windy up there, but just in time for my massage. Ahhhhh.

By the time I was done with the massage, it was about time for David to get back.

We had a dinner reservation for 9pm at NOPA, but decided to head down early and see if we can get in before that. The number 21 was right outside our hotel and took us right to the restaurant. Easy, breezey. We got off one stop sooner to check out Alamo Square. What a neat park, up on a hill with big trees. It's like a mini forest in the city. And, lucky us, we were able to score 2 seats at the chef's bar! We had such a yummy dinner. I'm so full right now. I would tell you what we ate, but I need to go rest and rub my belly now.

No comments:

Post a Comment