Tuesday, March 22, 2011

SF Day 2

Got up soon after David left for work, and headed downstairs for my free cup of coffee. Came up to the room and chilled out, surfing the net until hunger set in. Yesterday, there were several places I wanted to eat breakfast at, but I got there too late today. Instead, I had an early lunch at Out The Door. I had their vegetarian sticky rice in a lotus wrap and their steamed pork bun. YUM. I was able to score a set at their food bar.

I walked around the ferry building (yes, again), and bought a few things. The farmers' market was happening, and I bought a little something there. I also bought a book for the boys and some chocolate at Scharffen Berger. I visisted the Railway Museum in the same building at our hotel. So neat to see the old pictures of San Francisco. Then, I dropped off all my stuff and got on the F Line to the wharf.

Whaoh. Things had already changed quite a bit when I was last down there, but we were only there long enough to eat an In N Out burger. This time, I came in from a different direction, and was amazed by how gentrified it had become. Yes, it was already a big tourist trap, but it's now on crack. And, Boudin. Yikes! I stopped at one of those fish stands in the Fisherman's Grotto and got a basket of calamari and fries and an Anchor Steam beer, stood at their counter, ate it, while chatting with an older gentleman from Norfolk, VA. After that, I walked around the wharf area little more, considered getting on a cable car, but then decided to get back on the F Line to our hotel.

Back at the hotel, I took a nice soak in the tub, then fell asleep on the bed until just before David returned.

We had dinner at, you guessed it, the ferry building. Oh yeah, I was there after the wharf, too, to pick up a bottle of wine. We ate at Il Cane Rosso, where David has dinner at at least once each time he's in town. It was tasty. We had a spinach salad with bacon, blue cheese and walnuts, then a spit roast pork with braised cabbage and roasted Brussels sprouts. For dessert, we had creme brulee.

No comments:

Post a Comment