Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Since we were talking about food...

Chili is my new bestfriend. It's so easy, especially when you take shortcuts like I do. This week, I made my chili with turkey breakfast sausage. It's already seasoned for me. And, I chopped up my mirepoix in a food processor, making it super fast, and super tiny, so the kids don't even know they're getting veggies! I also use diced, canned tomatoes, and chicken stock out of a box. I did add some ground cumin and dried thyme to my chili today, but that's about it. Oh, and a can of kidney beans. Forget about it! Oh so many ways to vary this preparation. Different sausage. Add some chopped mushrooms. Maybe some wine. Hey, how about that Muir Glen fire roasted tomatoes?! Or, refrigerator clean out? I've even used salsa. Sure, no two chili's are the same. So what?!

I'm not usually one for shortcuts, but this one is really forgiveable.

You know what's not forgiveable? Introducing my boys to the new "My Little Pony" cartoon. WHAT! was I thinking?

Tonight, at dinner, when we were talking about how David will get to Vincent's soccer practice from work and then from there home, Vincent commented:
"Daddy, how about I ride my bike while you push me, and you walk with your bike next to you."

No comments:

Post a Comment