Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Calm...

Well, sort of. We still had a busy day today, but no major issues or blow ups.

I took Vincent to Chinese school on the eastside. During his class time, I went to return a book at Barnes and Noble, and spent about an hour just looking at their bargain books. I didn't buy a thing, but it was so nice to actually have the time to stop and look at the books in detail. And, I was so intrigued by all the kits they had.

After class, Vincent and I headed to downtown Seattle to Fado, so that I could sign up for next week's St. Paddy's Day Dash. I got my chip, my number and my t-shirt. All set to go. Now, I just have to pray I can actually run it! We then ate lunch there. We shared a plate of sliders. He had one, but before he even had a bite of the first one, he tried to claim the second. Then, he sat there looking and poking his first one, but not eating it. I think it was too tall. I split the burger patty in half to make it thinner, which he was thankful for, but then proceeded to take about 45 minutes to eat HALF of the slider. Slider. As in mini burger. Boy, oh boy, my Vincent. At least, we had a really nice time together.
Yes, that is him, eating his burger. And, I love the reverse camera feature on my iPhone.

Since Vincent and I were already halfway there, we decided to drive south a little more to Costco to fill up on gas. Wooohooo! What a long line!

Tyler and David went to class this morning, too. After class, they went across the street to Genki Sushi for $1 conveyor belt items. It's a weekend special through the March.

Ooh, and tonight's dinner on the meal planning! Baked salmon, farro with mushrooms and roasted sunchokes, and baby greens salad with grapefruit segments. I didn't get a picture, but it was so super yummy. The farro was truly fantastic, if I do say so myself. After dinner, we treated ourselves to some Old School Frozen Custard. It's been so long. And, since Tyler's now two, we let him have his very own scoop in a cup. He loved it, as did all of us.

And, though I know I'm biased because he's my flesh and blood, isn't this kid such a good looking one?


No comments:

Post a Comment