Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Post Halloween

We were among the many families that didn't quite make it to school on time this morning. Due to Halloween? Maybe. Or, it could be that as we were heading down to the basement (and would have been on time for school), I remembered it was Vincent's day for his letter bag. We scrambled around looking for items starting with the letter E. That done, I then ran around the house looking for me keys. Doh!

With Vincent at school, Tyler and I headed to the gym. Tyler was happy to see his friend, Eva, and didn't make a fuss about being dropped off. It was probably because Eva was having a snack, and Tyler was excited to sit down with her to have his, even though he pretty much just had breakfast.

After a nice workout, I was hungry! I took Tylie to Uwajimaya, where we ate lunch at the ramen place right outside, Samurai Noodle. Love.
After ramen, we went grocery shopping. Tyler enjoyed looking at the live fish in the tanks, although there weren't many today. One of the fishmongers told Tyler that he can talk to the fish and tell them to swim to the bottom of the tank. Ty wanted to see this, so the man "talked" to the fish, and sure enough, they swam to the bottom of the tank.

Next, we needed to pick up Vincent from school. 

I should mention that I've gotten Vincent on a little home arrival routine. When he gets out of the car, he takes his shoes off, puts them away, hangs up his coat, and goes upstairs to potty. After he has done that and washed his hands, he goes right into the TV room for his quiet time. Usually, he'll spend about 15-30 minutes playing, and then lays down. He doesn't always fall asleep, but he did today. What was even sweeter was that I gave him a 5 minute warning, and when I came back to check on him, he was putting his toys away nicely. Awesome. And, even at almost 5 years of age, I still find him to be so cute when he's sleeping.
This afternoon was karate. We made it in time for that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment