Thursday, November 10, 2011

Annoyed and Amazed

Ugh, I was annoyed with the boys this morning. Thinking back, now, I can't even really remember what for. Oh, they kept messing with each other when I was trying to do something real quick before taking V to school. I asked them to stop, which Vincent did, but Tyler didn't. So, I then say to Ty, "Come sit over here," pointing to a spot next to me on the floor. He was so sad about this, and wouldn't do it. I counted to three, and he didn't budge. I had to move him myself, which upset him even more. Oh geez. I was just trying to separate the two of them.

Luckily, the rest of our day was pretty good. Sometimes they can amaze me by just being themselves. 

This morning, Tyler put on my shoes.
I should also mention that when Ty and I drop V off at school, Ty makes a point of giving V a hug every time. I may not actually say, "bye," but it's implied. Vincent usually shrugs him off, but every once in a while, he'll notice and hug back. Today, I had to nudge him.

On our way to the gym, Tyler asked, "What are we doing after Pro Club, Mommy?" Cute. I didn't have a plan, but later decided to go to Costco. The sun was out, so we got a car wash, and we needed gas. Since we were there and had time, we went inside to browse...and eat samples. Hello, Lunch. Actually, just for Ty, I had eaten my packed lunch at the gym.

This afternoon, while Tyler napped, Vincent and I had a play date. My friend, Jean, brought her daughter, Serenna, over. Vincent loves her. They played so well together, and Jean and I got to sit and chat. At one point, S and V were under a blanket on the floor, and I saw V pucker up so big to give S a kiss. She was a little embarrassed, but let him kiss her on the cheek.

Vincent had karate today, too. Before we left, I told him that I'd really like to him work on focusing during class. He did great. He's improving each day. 

For dinner, we had balsamic chicken with mushrooms, and a butternut squash and apple soup (I made at our "community kitchen" night). The kids didn't love the soup, but Tyler really wanted a treat after dinner, so he finished his whole meal. Vincent just couldn't finish, and opted to give up his treat.

At bedtime, Vincent put on his new Spiderman jammies. When I went to get picture of him, he said, "Mommy, Spiderman doesn't smile."

There were some other pretty normal things that these kids did today that were amazing. Like, Vincent showing Serenna how to play the Frank's Zoo card game. Aren't they just amazing? 

No comments:

Post a Comment