Monday, November 14, 2011

I Forgot The Whipped Cream!

Just like any other Monday morning, we pulled up to Vincent's preschool, went inside, and started getting Vincent's stuff put in their specific places. As I was doing this, I noticed that it was extra chattery all around. I looked up and saw that the tables all had been set up for eating. Oh my gosh. Today was Vincent's volcano class pancake breakfast. And, I was in charge of bringing whipped cream. I sheepishly go over to the director, as she is cooking the pancakes, and tell her of my goof up. It was no big deal, but I felt like a doofus. Luckily, there were many, many choices in sprinkles that nobody seemed to miss the whipped cream. Ty and I stuck around for a few minutes before I remembered that I had a coffee date with a friend, and had to scoot.

 I dropped Tylie off at Panda and headed down the street to meet Hannah. We had a lovely chat over coffee and tea. Too soon, it was time to part. I went to PCC Natural Market to buy bread, and came out $60 poorer. Easy to do there. I came home to put the groceries away and have lunch. Before I knew it, it was time to pick Vincent up from school.

We spent the afternoon reading a the book from his human body kit that we go yesterday. We discussed the many organs of the body, then took the plastic model apart and put it back together again. We also drank hot cocoa. During part of the book, there was mention of exercising to stay healthy, and Vincent said, "Mommy, I want to exercise every morning." I asked him what kind of exercise he plans to do. He said running. Hmmm. Not in the house first thing in the morning. I suggested to him he do cherry pickers. We stood up, and I showed him how to do them. We did a set of ten. Then, I showed him how to properly do jumping jacks, something he has to do in karate.

By the time we were done, an hour and a half had passed. I still needed to work on getting dinner ready before picking up Tyler. On the ride south for Tyler, Vincent started to get tired, but did not fall asleep until I got out of the car and left him to wait. Yes, I know. But, it was for about 2 and half minutes. And, he fell asleep in that time. It was so cute: when Tyler got in, Vincent woke briefly to tell him that there was a gummy frog that he got for him from a friend at school.

Dinner tonight: for the kids, they had a chicken, mozzerella, and spinach quesadilla on a spinach tortilla. David and I had sauteed mushrooms and kale with pan roasted ling cod. Mmmm.

After dinner, I read Vincent his Kai, Ninja of Fire book, while David and Tyler played together. Oh my, the book is small and short, but there are no pictures, so it was actually pretty long to read out loud. I'm hoarse now. He did such a nice job listening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment