Monday, November 28, 2011

"I Want Jagger"

I had quite a busy day, even with both boys out of the house all morning. I have to admit that even though I am happy with the daycare that Tyler goes to, it sure is a trek to get him there and back. Yes, it's worth it, but while I'm trekkin', it feels a bit like a drag.

I dropped the boys off in their respective places, then got gas at Costco. Another little bit of trek, but I was almost there already, so why not? It was actually the cheapest gas fill-up I've had in ages. I came home afterwards and had a big list of stuff to do before picking up Vincent. Those 4 hours sure whiz by quickly!

After I picked Tyler up, we stopped at Starbucks to get a treat. I normally have some kind of treat for him when I pick him up. It was something I would have him look forward to at the end of his long day away from me. Now, he expects it. I'm not condoning this bribery, but it's what I needed to do to comfort him. *Sigh* Food comforts Tyler. *Sigh* Anyway, he picked out a cake pop, got one for Vincent as well, and I got myself a drink. Whoah! Those things are intensely sweet. And, to think, I used to get stuff like that all the time. I could barely finish my drink. I had to add leftover coffee and hot water to it when I got home.

OH! So, when I got Tyler and started driving off, he says to me, "I want Jagger," as in the Maroon 5 song, "Moves Like Jagger." It turns out, he loves that song. I think it was a different song that was playing on the car radio one morning while Ty and I were driving to the gym. I didn't like it so I changed the station. Tyler started complaining, "Go back, go back!" I figured out he meant the radio & turned it back. A giant grin came across his face. 

The next day, we were listening to the radio, again, and that "Moves Like Jagger" song came on. I said to Ty, "Is this the song you like?" He smirked and nodded. Since then, he's been into it. 

When he asked this afternoon, I answered with, "I don't know if it'll be on, but we can see." Sure enough, it was. Thrilled. Thrilled.


*Today was also my Mt. Townsend Creamery day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment