Friday, November 4, 2011

Me + Three

I helped watch my friend, Brianna's, little girl, Lexie this morning. She was taking her son on a school field trip and couldn't find someone to watch Lexie for the full time they'd be gone. At first I offered to take her for the whole day, then realized that it might be tricky with naps, etc. Brianna was able to get a sitter for part of the time, so I took the other part. 

It turned out to be super easy. The gym let me add her to the daycare with the boys, so I didn't even have to change my morning plans. And, Lexie was so open and easygoing. Is this a trend with the girls? Of course, when I dropped the kids off, Tyler clung on to me. He wasn't too bad today, since he had Vincent. He even said later on, "I didn't cry today. I had Vincent." Well!

Before we went to the gym, the kids just played in the living room, pretty much on their own.
After the gym, we were all hungry. We only had one hour before I needed to return Lexie home. Rather than go home, make lunch, feed the kids, then load them all back up, I opted to take them out to lunch. We went to MOD (Super Fast) Pizza. We all shared a regular sized sausage and olive pizza, and a mini sausage and cheese,no red sauce pizza. The kids were a bit wild when we first got there, but settled down quickly once they were seated and eating. They all ate well.
Vincent finished first, then needed to go to the bathroom. I showed him where the men's room was, but he returned asking for help. He needed to poop. Not an ideal time. I told him to go to the ladies room and I'll be there shortly. Thank goodness, both of the others finished soon after, as Vincent decided he wanted to wait for me. So, we all piled into the restroom. Smoother than I imagined it would be. Whew!

We dropped Lexie off after, then remembered that we needed to get a birthday gift. The boys and I went to Red Wagon to find it. Cute, cute store. Vincent picked out an R/C race car. I was rather impressed with this find. 

AND, it was here that he found the Ninjago Brickmaster set. It's a good thing, too, because now he wants to ask Santa for this, rather than the uber expensive Fire Temple. David and I have discussed wether or not we'd cave and get this for him. It's meant to be for older kids, and it's kind of a lot for a just-turned-5 year old. I'm relieved that he has changed his mind about what to ask Santa. Please make a note, those of you who may be getting my kids a gift: Ninjago Brickmaster will be from Santa, i.e., Me and David...not you. 

The rest of the day was typical. I made pork dumplings for dinner. We had it with some leftover soup from last night's hot pot, and some sauteed napa cabbage. Oh, and we also had some avocado spread with crackers. I requested that we all watch the movie, "Tangled," which all my boys obliged.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for watching Lexie today!! She loved it, and I was so happy to get to go on Liam's field trip. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete