Saturday, November 26, 2011

Ho-hum

Without a plan for the day, other than me spending $25 at a local business, we were sort of getting on each others' nerves this morning. Was it that we've spent so much time together the past couple of days? Or, just that the boys had cabin fever by 10am already? Sheesh.

Eventually, I dropped David and the kids off at the community center for a little indoor playtime, and I went to City People's, my local small business of choice, to spend my $25. What's up with that, you ask? American Express was doing this offer where you get back $25 in credit if you spend it at a small business. You have to spend $25 or more, of course, but I bought a Christmas tree skirt and will get part of it paid for. Works for me. Ooh, and I had a 15% off coupon, so even better.

I guess Tyler was being difficult at the community center. I packed each boy a small snack. Tyler ate all of his and complained the rest of the time for more. He tried to get some from Vincent, too. Sounds like David experienced first-hand one of Tyler's "snack attacks." Seriously, when he gets it set in his head he wants to snack, he's determined. Relentless, more like it.

We ordered Thai food, to go, for lunch and ate it at home. Ty was happy with Thai.

I went to work at 2pm. The boys dropped me off. Tyler wanted to go inside to see it, but Vincent didn't. I took him in, showed him where I get changed, and then introduced him to the crew. Then, he said, "Hey, Mommy," looking around, "we've been here before!" We sure have, Kiddo. 

It was a slow night at work. I helped prep some food, hung out in the pantry station a little, and shucked a couple dozen oysters. That was the most I've done in a long, long time. I even bent my oyster shucker slightly! Ugh.

David ate leftover Thai for dinner, while the boys had corn dogs. They rented Cars 2, watched it, and picked me up around 9pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment