Wednesday, November 9, 2011

It's Tough Sometimes

Being a kid, that is. Well, parenting, too. 

Being a kid: Vincent woke up from his afternoon nap (I'm assuming he fell asleep), and struggled. He almost always does when he wakes from a nap. 

Parenting: Vincent woke right after Audrey arrived to take care of the boys the for evening. He was clingy and weepy, but also wanted to tell Audrey all sorts of stuff. Unfortunately, he had to wait his turn, as I needed to get her set up so I could leave. 

Being a kid: This makes Vincent very angry and he storms off into the living room, then stomps his feet, making loud protesting noises. This results in him being sent to his room to wait until I am finished talking to Audrey.

Parenting: More stomping and loud protesting noises coming from upstairs. Sigh. I go and clear up this mess, but have a very, very emotional, weepy boy on my hands. After much reassurance of my love for him, and that Mommy and Daddy just need to have to our own "play date," I can finally leave. But, feel like crap because he's still sad, even though he accepts his fate of being left with the sitter and his brother.

It's tough sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment