Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Bedspread

I'm becoming more and more like my mother, so it seems. It's not a bad thing, as I saved us about 75% off a new bedspread this morning. No, it's not super high quality, super soft, Egyptian 1000 thread count cotton. That's just the thing, neither is the stuff my mom finds on clearance. But, from my personal experience, they've all been comfortable enough and lasted us a really long time. 

So, that's exactly it. I went to Macy's with Tyler in search of a new mattress pad and, if possible, a new bedspread. I almost purchased the one that was discounted from $400 to $98. It was one of those "8am-1pm" only deals. I thought I could do better. And, I did. I found a king, not queen, set on the clearance table, marked an extra 40% off. My mom does this, too. She'll buy a king size if that's all she can find, since it's such a good deal. In my defense, our mattress is super thick - something like 17". I figured I'd try it out and return it if it's too big. Then, I took it up to the register and dared to ask if I could use my coupon, too. The cashier said she didn't think so, but we could try. Cha-ching! $10 extra dollars off. On top of that, my mattress pad was and extra 40% off, and I had another $10 off coupon. Oh yes, my Mama taught me well. A $75 and a $95 saving. Boo ya!

Nice? Okay, looking at it from this picture, it's a little drab. I assure you, it's much nicer in person. Bad lighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment