Wednesday, November 23, 2011

MOD Kids

Vincent didn't have school today because of Thanksgiving so he joined Tyler at Discovery Bay at the gym this morning. They were pretty good, according to Nicole. They were playing together when I picked them up, and it was only then that they started to bicker over a toy.

My original plan for after the gym was to take them to a pizza place that's on the way to our house. The problem was that Tyler was snacking on Cheerios. I only packed them fish crackers knowing we'd eat right after, but TyTy gets those gals to give him Cheerios when he runs out of snacks. Oh boy. 

Not knowing what to do until lunch, I drove us around Capitol Hill until I came up with a plan. We went to the bank, then to the library. Vincent picked out about 4 books based on the illustrations. Yup, he's definitely my son. He would pick the book, ask me what it's called and then set it in our pile. Tyler looked for train books, but couldn't find any. We asked for help and walked out with two that we haven't seen before.

Okay, now lunch. And, the pizza joint, MOD, was just around the corner from the library. I love Capitol Hill. We all ordered Mini MODs and I had a salad. I knew I'd be eating some parts of the kids' pizzas, too, so I didn't order a regular size. Regular sized ones aren't super big, either, but the minis are perfect. I actually ate a lot, if I stop and think about it. I had a protein bar after my workout, then my mini pizza, a salad, and parts of Tyler's crust. The boys ate about 90% of their pizzas. Impressive.
 Ty's doing a little jig here.
 V's been working on his wink.
My happy eaters!
After Ty finished eating, he got up a did a little dance to the music. And, when everyone was all done, we split a vanilla milkshake 3 ways for the road. Talk about a couple of delighted children.

No comments:

Post a Comment