Wednesday, November 30, 2011

I Can't Remember!!

There were some good moments with the kids today, and now I can't really remember what they were! I can't even remember if they were cute, funny, or sweet. Such a bummer when this happens!

I'll tell you what I do remember...

Vincent went to preschool this morning, as usual. Tyler and I met up with Eva and Andrea at Factoria Mall, and went to Kids Quest. The tots had a pretty good time there. Tyler and Eva did get into a tiff over some plush flowers. Tyler wanted to hold a few in his hands, and Eva wanted them in the vessel they were in, or so that's what I think. Sadly, it ended with both of them crying. Here they are at the start of it all...
Other than that, they got along well. 
Tyler was a bit wild at lunch and needed to stand in a corner for a few minutes. The rest of the time he did well, once he got his food.
I somehow was able to buy him a few Christmas gifts at TJ Max without him realizing what I was getting. It pays that he's so short compared to me, I guess.

Vincent was cute when I picked him up from school. He said to me, "Mommy, I couldn't finish all my burrito because we ran out of time..." When I questioned him about what that meant, his story remained consistent, and it seems that maybe he truly did run out of time because lunch was shorter than usual and not that he was messing around. When I asked if he wanted to finish it when we get home, he happily replied, "Sure!" 

During his quiet time, he was a bit annoying because he kept needing me for this and that. Finally, he stayed in the room for more than 10 minutes. I think he was there for about 30-40 minutes when I decided he had settled down enough. And, he did. When I went into the room, he was just laying on the floor, on his belly with his legs up behind him, looking at something. I asked what he was doing and he casually said, "Just resting."

We had leftovers turned into soup for dinner. I made sort of a pumped up chicken noodle soup. The boys did pretty well with it, but what really surprised us was that they ate their Brussels sprouts without complaining, and even asked for more! Tyler was singing "Funky Town," and at one point sang "Brussels sprouts, Brussels sprouts" to the tune of Funky Town. Wow. Now, that's music to my ears.

And, finally, after I put the boys to bed, Tyler came back down about 10 minutes later, wearing only a pull-up and holding his pajamas in one hand. "Mommy, I don't want this pajama." My response? "Okay. Now go back to bed without jammies." He did.

Okay, okay!! I went back up a few minutes later and put pajamas on him!


I feel like there were more moments throughout the day that I wanted to share, but, all these here were pretty great, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment