Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Hello Sunshine

I love a sunny, fall day in Seattle. It's gorgeous. I love that the leaves change colors here, but there are still so many evergreens. It's just lovely this time of year.

Tyler and I went to the gym this morning. He was only the tiniest bit clingy. When I was done, I decided that we needed to be outside. There's a decent sized playground near our gym with very few trees. This was ideal to get as much sunshine as we could. Ty was so pleasantly surprised when he saw me pulling up to the park. He ate a bit of his lunch first, then wanted to dig in the sandbox.
He's seriously getting to be such a big boy. I think the last time the boys were at this playground was over the summer. Tyler could barely even reach the handles of this digger. Even though he didn't quite get how to make this work as well as I did, he still managed to do some digging. Oh, they grow up so fast!

After some digging, he played on the big kid side of the playground, where I tried to help in with the monkey bars and accidentally dropped him from a couple of feet up. It freaked me out because of the way he landed. But, he was fine. Mostly just angry with me.  He played really well, and then finished the rest of his food. On the way out, he said to me, "I'm ready to have lunch now." Um, that was your lunch, kiddo. Since we had some time, I stopped to get coffee for me and a donut for him at Top Pot. Plain donut.
We picked up Vincent and his friend, Henry from school. Henry's dad met us there to lend us their booster seat for Henry. As he was illegally parked in the middle of the street and handing me the seat, the boys came out of the building. More like ran out. First thing Vincent yells at me was, "Mommy, I want Henry to come over for a play date!!" I told him he was, and then he so excited I couldn't get him to stop talking. Meanwhile, Henry has climbed up a tree and his dad is trying to get him down. While up there, I noticed he had poop on the bottom of his shoe. His dad didn't. I had to get the poop off, Vincent's still talking, Tyler's trying to get in on the action from his seat in the car, and Henry's dad's trying to say 'bye to Henry, etc. Then, Henry forgot his lunchbox, so we had to locate that. 

Finally, poop off, and boys loaded in. Oh wait, there seems to be poop on the shoe, still. Stinky ride home.

Tyler took a deep afternoon nap while V and H played...you guessed it, ninja Legos. After Henry left, I let my boys veg out to Super Why for 20 minutes while I quickly cut up some fixins for dinner. Then, we headed out to karate.

I could tell Vincent was tired because he was sort of wild at karate. It's a reverse effect on him when he's tired. There are some days when he gets disorganized and cranky when he's over-tired, and other days when he gets disorganized and excited when over-tired. Today was the latter. His teacher kept having to tell him to focus. On the up side, though, even though he's not 100%, or 85%, on his karate skills, he is showing improvement. Yes, even when he's disorganized.

Dinner tonight was whole wheat spaghetti noodles with cut up chicken/apple sausage, broccoli, and chopped parsley. Ooh, there were bits of pancetta in there, too. We also had sauteed Swiss chard on the side. Delicious meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment