Thursday, September 1, 2011

Visit to Federal Way with Tomi

It's been since our wedding that Stanley and Halina have seen my dad. I told Halina a few weeks ago that I'd bring him down while he's here. So, today was the day. We went down to the Dash Point beach for the boys to play in the little playground, while we enjoyed the view. There were tons of people fishing on the pier for Pink Salmon. I think Ba enjoyed watching them. At one point, there was all sorts of commotion, and many fish were being pulled out of the water (on different poles) at the same time.

I made lunch for everyone while Halina and Ba took the boys to the garden to pick strawberries and veggies. The boys were on their best behavior at lunch, which was such a surprise and a relief. Both ate like champs. The completely deserved their ice cream Drumsticks after. Halina always has ice cream ready for them as dessert when we go over.

On our way back to Seattle, I had to stop and get gas. We were wayyyyy low. The gas station next the freeway had all their pumps closed, so I needed to go elsewhere. I thought I'd just hope on the I-5 and head south one exit to Costco. Not as I planned. I got confused with the exit signs and ended up driving 4 extra miles, in bumper to bumper traffic, to the next exit. Thank goodness there were gas stations at that exit! We made it home safely, with a stop at Lowes for some supplies on the way. And, the boys got a nap in during the drive. They had no idea of my gas stress.

Tonight, we went to Paul and Gabi's for a last minute get together. Gabe, Matt, and Tom caught 11 pink salmon earlier in the day. We brought over some of Halina's chili and a cucumber salad. We tired the boys out...or maybe the two minor trampoline accidents did. Yes, yes, they are okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment