Saturday, September 24, 2011

Lark

I took Vincent to Chinese school this morning while David and Tyler hung out in Seattle. While I was at the school, I attended a long, but very informative, PTA meeting. David started to walk Tyler up to 15th Ave, but ran into a neighbor who suggested to they go Miller Community Center, now open Saturday mornings for tot time. Sweet. The 4 guys rode the bus up.
When I asked Vincent after class what he wanted to do for lunch, he said, "Let's go home and eat with Daddy and Tyler." Okay, then! I thought we'd get caught in UW football traffic, but made it back in good time. We even beat them home. I made us all ground beef nachos, and then rushed out the door to Lark.

Tonight, was my first night back in Lark's kitchen! I'm working one night a week as an "extra". It's a good way to get back into work. I'm so fortunate that I have the opportunity to do this. It's hard to hire anybody for pretty much any job just one day a week.

The shift went really well. I mostly helped the other stations prep for the first few hours. Then, I helped on the garde manger station. By the end of the evening, I think I was able to make all the dishes from that station. I probably couldn't run the station on my own, but being able to put together dishes, again, was a good feeling. I'd say it's sort like riding a bike, but I'm not very good at riding a bike. The best way I was able to describe the feeling to David was, "kind of like when we watched The Office the other night..." We haven't watched that show since the end of Season 6. We missed all of Season 7, and have not been able to catch up. But, this week, we watched the premiere for Season 8. Somethings were different, like Michael Scott's not there, but much is the same. It quickly feels familiar, again. That's sort of how I felt tonight.

At 10pm, I checked my bus schedule and realized I needed to catch the bus further than I had gotten off earlier today. I guess the buses don't run as frequently later in the evening. I had to go 3 extra blocks up the hill, and in 20 minutes! It was already kind of a walk from Lark, and now further! I booked it out of there and walked so super fast. The adrenaline from working must've helped propel my feet. Next week, I'll rethink my strategy for getting to work and back. Probably just drive.


No comments:

Post a Comment