Monday, September 5, 2011

BBQ at Carkeek

Gabe and Sarah hosted a bbq lunch at Carkeek Park today. They supplied the meats, and we all brought a dish to share. It was a gorgeous day, but I just couldn't muster the energy to pull my camera out of my bag to take pictures. You'll just have to take my word for it when I say that it was so lovely, and we had a good time. Vincent and I played a game of I Spy with some clay sea animals in the playground. They were imbedded into these rocks to look like a tidepool. We took turns spying different things while the other tried to find it.

When we got home, the kids rested while David helped Ba do some digging out back. Right now, Ba is working on helping us with our drainage issues. We'll doing a little test to see if our theory is correct. If so, then we can spend more money in the future to permanently remedy the leak in the basement. I guess well see over the course of the next year as rainy season starts back up soon. I went to Whole Foods to buy some groceries. I picked up a whole roasted chicken. Yikes! Those birds are spendy. I mean, I'm sure they're of better quality than QFC's, but I got used to the lower prices. It was tasty, though. I served it with an orzo salad with goat cheese, olives and basil. 

No comments:

Post a Comment