Monday, September 12, 2011

Vincent's First Day At Pre-K Part 2

It turns out, Vincent did have a great day at school. On the way home, I asked him if he had a Spanish teacher. This was our conversation:
Vincent: "Yeah, but I don't know her name."
Me: "What did she say to you guys?"
Vincent: "I don't know."
Me: "You don't remember, or you didn't understand her?"
Vincent: "I didn't understand her."
Doh! Well, hopefully, by the end of the year, he'll at least know how to say, "Hello, how are you?"

Nonetheless, he had a good day. When we got home, he played on his own for a while so I could vacuum a little. Once I finished, I asked him to clean up. I didn't notice until after dinner what a nice job he did cleaning up. I made sure to tell him how well he did. Better late, than never? Before we picked up Tyler, we spent about an hour outside in the yard. I did some sweeping, and he dug a hole to plant a few tulip bulbs. I had to explain to him that we won't see those come up for several months, but he didn't seem to mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment