Thursday, September 8, 2011

Tire Swing, Dentist, and Tomi Goes Home

I took the boys to Miller playground this morning. We have not been there in ages. With such nice weather, there's no need for an indoor playground, so we played outside. The boys loved the tire swing. They were so cute on it together.
After the playground, they had dentist appointments. Vincent's took much longer than Tyler's. He had his teeth brushed, x-ray'd, and treated with flouride. Tyler just had his teeth looked at and was given a flouride treatment as well. Vincent got to watch T.V. the whole time, so he was pretty patient. He did ask a few times if he was almost done. It last about an hour, so I think he did really well.
Vincent getting his teeth cleaned.
Poor kid, sat with this iron bib on for about 30 minutes. He's smiling at the TV, not at me.
We rushed home for some lunch, then Tyler had to get a quick nap in before taking A-gong to the airport.

Yup, it's good-bye to A-gong today. I'm sad to see him go. So are the boys. He was super helpful to us, but also wonderful company to have around. I loved chatting with him about life and food, and hearing stories about our family. I feel like we had good bonding time. The kids didn't get as much Mandarin as I had hoped, but I think Vincent started to pick up some of the Taiwanese Ba and I were saying to each other. He seemed to understand a little. I spoke to Ba about an hour ago, and he landed safely in Long Beach.

Recently, Vincent's been asking about watching football. Can he feel it in the air? He asked again tonight about the Packers. Lucky for him, they played tonight. We walked over to the ale house to watch a little of the game, let the boys play in the pit, and we each had a beer (not the kids, of course). There were other families there...younger families. We suddenly felt old. Yeah, yeah, it's bound to happen, but we're only in our mid-30s!

Oh yeah, and I got this pic of Vincent launching a paper airplane off the back deck. He was trying to teach Tyler how to fly them, and was really trying to hold it together as Tyler ignored him, fought him for the planes, and just down right gave Vincent a hard time. Vincent was pretty patient, by preschooler standards, and started to lose it a little, but pulled himself together, again. After I got dinner to a stopping point, I went outside to play with them, but Vincent announced, "Let's clean up and go inside to play with the Geotrax, Tyler!" Suddenly, I was outside by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment