Thursday, September 22, 2011

Eva's Last Day With Us

After last night's bedtime crazies, the kids all slept in a tiny bit longer. Eva was still upset when she woke this morning. It's expected. She has done really well up to this point.

We headed out to the gym, again. David went with us to drop Vincent off, and then we dropped him off near his work. When we got to the gym, Eva seemed to perk up. Tyler clung on to me, though. I was feeling pretty bad for Eva, and kept thinking about her during my short workout. I decided that I was going to make some phone calls, doing some texting, and maybe even a little emailing, and figure out if we could have Eva go home tonight, rather than tomorrow morning. Her parents were actually arriving late this evening and planned on picking her up tomorrow. I just thought that she may like to sleep in her own bed and wake up seeing her parents.

I was able to get a hold of everyone, and all were on board with the plan.

Eva actually ended up having a pretty good day, as did Tyler. We met up with my friend, Robin and her son, for lunch at a Thai restaurant. That was a little chaotic. Eva didn't like anything I gave her, even though there was broccoli, which she has been eating. Tyler was so so on his stuff, but kept flopping around on the seat. It was a very short lunch, to say the least.

But, once home, the kids were great. I had Tyler nap separately from Eva. Tyler was in our bed, and was very disturbed over this. I had to go back into the room a few times to comfort him. I think he was afraid I was going to be gone when he woke up, which is what happened yesterday when we had Samantha here. I assured him I would still be here.

Samantha came at 3pm to take Eva to preschool. I met them back at Eva's house so that I could feed her dinner and get her to bed. When we go there, their dog was there, but also had a companion, Edgar. Edgar got out the door of their house, and took off up the street. I tried to catch him, but he kept bolting as soon as I got close to him. They live on a pretty big hill. I gave up and headed back. Edgar eventually came back, as his little game was over.

I hung out with Eva, fed her, bathed her, and put her to bed. Her parents arrived home just before 11pm. They're happy to be back, and to see Eva.

No comments:

Post a Comment