Friday, September 23, 2011

Bad Chicken

We are back to a family of four. I didn't plan anything for the boys and I to do this morning, since I originally thought I'd still have Eva until this morning, and wasn't sure exactly when she'd be going home with her mom. Whenever I do this, I get a little overwhelmed with all the choices for things for us to do. I end up asking Vincent, and he gets overwhelmed, too. We're weird.

The top two choices were go to QFC and put the kids in the daycare while I shop, or go to KidsQuest children's museum in Factoria. QFC would allow me a little alone time, but I didn't really have a good shopping list. We went back and forth on this, and finally settled on QFC...that was Vincent's first choice. The boys loved it. When I picked them up, they didn't notice me right away, and I spied them concentrating very hard on something. Hungry, hungry hippo. It was so cute.

When we got home, I had to put the laundry in to wash. Tyler was excited to watch it wash.
After naptime, I convinced the boys to go to the farmers' market. We've hardly gone all season, and it was nice out today. Hot, in fact. There are only 2 Fridays left, too. When we got there, we did a round checking out what we'd like to get. We settled on an olive fougasse twisty bread, and ice cream bars. One each. I know better, and ate mine quickly. The boys took their time, and made a mess of themselves. Vincent, who doesn't like getting dirty, actually found it really funny as he was dripping ice cream all over the asphalt.
Dinner tonight, I made braised chicken thighs in marsala wine and chicken stock with mushrooms and green beans. It was pretty simple, but rich and tasty. Unfortunately, my chicken legs were bad! Ugh!! I hate that. They were stinky, and not even expired. Double Ugh! I got them from Amazon Fresh...something I haven't done in ages. This is why I stopped using them, but did this week because we were busy with 3 kids. So annoying. At least, what I could use turned out a lovely meal.
After dinner, we had a movie night with the boys. My Neighbor Totoro. They were so excited to have popcorn! Yes, they did just eat dinner. Never stops them from enjoying popcorn. Vincent shared his bowl with David and I.



No comments:

Post a Comment