Monday, September 19, 2011

David, The Chauffeur

I had a dentist appointment first thing this morning. David drove me there, dropped me off, then took Vincent to school. He lugged all three kids in to drop him off, then lugged Ty and Eva back into the car, and drove them to Tyler's daycare. Tyler screamed bloody murder when David handed him off to Su, the caregiver. He then drove back to Capitol Hill with Eva and enjoyed a nice cup of coffee and snack with her while they waited for me to be done. Then, Eva and I dropped him off at work. Whew! This is what life is like with three kids, eh? Busy. But, David and I make a good tag team, for sure. And, the kids, aside from Tyler at drop off, all seemed to do well.

Eva and I spent the rest of the morning together at home. She played while I called my mom to chat, and make us lunch. She's so sweet. We played together for a while, then went to fetch Vincent.

Back at home, Eva went down for nap. Vincent and I spent about an hour working on Legos together. He's getting pretty good at following the instructions. He still needs some help figuring out which way some parts go, but he's improved so much in the past 6 months. I collected the parts for him and he would look at the picture and piece them together. Eva took a shorter nap than the other days. So, we called up a friend for some playground time.

We met up with Jen, Julian and Max at Madrona park. Before leaving the house, Vincent asked if he could bring his new bag of trinkets from yesterday's party. I said he could pick one thing. He then informed me that he was going to bring 2 little army guys to share one with Julian. And, he said, "Julian can keep it, too!" That was so sweet and generous of him. I love that. Julian was really happy to have gotten it, and the boys played really well together. Jen says that Julian would like Vincent to have at sleepover at their house soon. Fun! We didn't stay at the playground long. We had to pick up Tyler.

Tylie was so happy when we arrived. His face was covered in purple, which was from blackberries he was eating from their yard. Of course. He's coo-coo for berries, that boy. All kids had themselves a fruit leather on the ride home. I did, too!

We had Panacea's dinner waiting for us on our porch when we arrived home. Pork pibil tacos. Yaoza! So good. Eva wasn't so into this dinner, even though I adapted it to fit the kids. She did eat her portion of pinto beans, which I felt pretty proud of her for doing. My kids did pretty well. Tyler loves meat.

After dinner, David put on "My Neighbor Totoro" for the kids to watch. We were out of cat food, so David then asked Eva if she wanted to go get cat food with him. She did, as did Tyler. So, Vincent and I watched Totoro together. I love that movie. I didn't love the new voice overs, though. I don't know why. I saw the movie in high school when it was in the theaters, and then rented it several times before Disney and and Studio Ghibli merged. For some reason, I just liked the original voices better. Anyway, that's just a sidebar, sorry.

By the time David and the toddlers came home, it was 8pm - bedtime. There wasn't time for a bath tonight, but it didn't seem to bother any of them. Oh boy, those kiddos were a little crazy tonight. The were having a hard time pulling themselves together when it came time to pick out books. There was this or that needed. Eva was good. She sat in the little chair, ready and waiting. But, my boys were little boogers. Eventually, I decided that they were all going to bed without books. I felt bad doing that to Eva, but she seemed fine with it. Man, she's easygoing. Tyler was very upset and cried. Vincent knew he was causing trouble and didn't argue. They ended up going to bed pretty well, with me having to go back up just once.

No comments:

Post a Comment