Thursday, September 29, 2011

Sick Day

Vincent had a fever last night after we watched "Pirates of the Carribean." It was low, so we figured we'd see how he was doing this morning. He woke in the middle of the night, really warm. We gave him some Tylenol, and let him sleep on the floor of our room. We made him a nice soft spot next to our bed. When he woke up this morning, he was happy, and his fever was gone. There's a 24 hour no fever policy at his school, so we kept him home.

Now, what am I gonna do with the kids?? I have to cancel the gym for Tyler and I as well.

I took the boys to KidsQuest Children's Museum. We had a Living Social deal. They loved it there. It's tempting to want to get a membership there, but I don't think we'd use it enough. I don't know. I don't use our science center one nearly as much as we could. I'm glad they had fun, though. They spent a good amount of time at the giant train table, and then a the water tables. Tyler was pretty soaked. Luckily, I brought a change of clothes for him. Vincent was wet, too, but I only had new pants for him that we just got at Osh Kosh.
After KidsQuest, we went to look at shoes at Payless. OMG, I haven't been in that store for probably 20 years. I found a pair of light up shoes that look like they'd be decently good on Vincent's feet. He wanted these Lightning McQueen shoes, but they were so-so looking in support. I got him Champion, and hope that they'll last and not make his feet hurt. He was super thrilled and especially happy to wear the shoes out of the store.

We had lunch at Genki Sushi, went to Target to look at Lego toys, and then headed back to KidsQuest. They kids were given 30 minutes more of playtime, but didn't last that long. Vincent bonked his nose and was really upset and wanted to go home. I was quite sympathetic towards him due to him being a little under the weather. He said, "I was having such a good day, and now it's ruined!" Luckily, I was able to calm, and convince him that his day was not ruined. The flashy shoes. Those were my ally. Who knew.

By the afternoon, Vincent's fever was back. And, he was in a terrible mood. He did his best to stay positive, but he was in pretty bad shape. He fell right to sleep quickly at bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment