Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Slow Day

I guess that's the best way to describe today...kinda slow. I even to Vincent to school a few minutes late this morning. I guess it was nice not to rush around.

I had plans to take Tyler to the library for a bilingual playgroup/storytime at 10am. We got there early, but the library wasn't open yet. There was a playground nearby that we haven't been to, so we checked it out. It was pretty cool, and I look forward to showing David and Vincent.

The playgroup was alright. Tyler enjoyed the toys they had. He and I also played a game of Memory, but it was more like matching. I was bummed out about the circle/storytime, though. I thought it would be bilingual, but it was in English. The facilitator is Chinese, but she only spoke in English. Maybe this isn't the norm, but her English wasn't great, either. It was free, and there's no commitment, so it's a nice option for us to have, but I don't plan to go regularly.

We left a few minutes early and headed home. We had 2 hours before we had to pick up Vincent. We read books, made & ate lunch, then did a puzzle. Time just seemed to drag on. I'm sure it won't be like this all the time. Tyler was tired. He fell asleep in the car after we pick up Vincent.

Back at home, the kids rested/napped. I had some "office" time, i.e., piddling around online & checking email. Then, I made dinner while the kids watched Ni Hao Kai Lan.

Dinner was tasty. Steak and potatoes. I pan roasted flat iron steak and served it with roasted potatoes and roasted delicata squash. It was a comforting, fall meal, to go with our much cooler weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment