Friday, September 2, 2011

Queen of Seattle

Peter and Sharon are in town! They arrived on Wednesday and have been staying up north with Sharon's family. It's so great to meet Peter's girlfriend, and to see him. The plan has been for us to go for a cruise on the Queen of Seattle, a paddlewheel boat. And, it was such a beautiful day for a cruise on the lake.

As we were waiting for the ship to sail, flights from Kenmore Air's seaplanes were taking off. We stood there and watched about 5 planes fly out of the water. Tyler was so excited.
Our cruise and tour of Lake Union and the ship canal to the Ballard Locks was so pleasant, and interesting. I love hearing historical facts, especially about where I live. Like this one: Capitol Hill is named such because back in the day, it was in the running to be the state capitol, losing to Olympia.

This evening, David returned from San Francisco, and Salesforce.com's big annual conference, Dreamforce. But, first, I got to go with with some friends at Eastlake Bar and Grill. Gabe and Sarah are also visiting from L.A. this week, as is Matt McCormick from Chicago. We dined on the outdoor deck, then headed to Zoo Tavern, where David had his cab drop him off. And, when I was parking our car there, our group of friends were across the street and saw me parallel parking, and thought that I wouldn't get into the tight spot. They were very impressed when I did. 

Ba watched the boys for me so that I could go out. It was his first time watching both of them for a couple of hours, and putting them to bed. Sounds like they did well.



No comments:

Post a Comment