Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Pirates of the Carribean

Like yesterday, we had a typical Wednesday morning. Again, we dropped Vincent off at school, Tyler and I went to the gym, he clung to me, I got a decent workout...Once again, I was hungry. Yes, I could've taken him home for lunch, but I needed to go to the bank.

Unlike yesterday, I actually accomplished the task I set out to do. Next, lunch. I still had some money left on my Starbucks gift card from my birthday (thank you Jack and Alice), so that's where we went. Tyler actually finished a cup of steamed soy milk with his meal. He just had a bagel with cream cheese and some of my sweet potato chips. There was a small table with barely enough tracks to cover half the table, and a few trains. That's all he needed to stay entertained. We ate our little meal, then headed to the playground.
We picked up Vincent, as usual, and came home for rest time, as usual.

Today, I sort of fell alseep while Vincent played with the iPad. I could kind of hear myself snoring. Pathetic. But, it must've meant I was super tired. And, it didn't seem to bother anyone. I woke suddenly, realizing we needed to get going to meet friends at the playground.

We met with Jen and her boys, and Brianna and her kids at Madrona. Along with them, there were several other friends we knew. Busy day at the playground. And, they finally refilled the sandbox with tons of fresh sand! The boys rode their wheelies a little, but pretty much just played. All the boys actually did really well playing together. Minus Tyler. He enjoyed playing on his own, and having me push him on the swing.

Dinner tonight, I made a mash-up for different things we had in the fridge that turned into a delicious pasta. Whole wheat spaghetti (cooked tonight), plus leftover spaghetti with mizithra cheese from Old Spaghetti Factory, cut up cooked breakfast sausage, fresh tomato from our garden, and leftover Swiss chard with tapenade. Yeah, sounds really weird, but it turned out nicely. We did a little special dinner: we ate it in the T.V. room while watching "Pirates of the Carribean - Curse of the Black Pearl." Yes, the boys, too. When we found out that one of Vincent's female friends has seen the first 3 of those movies, we realized that maybe he's ready to see the first one. Tyler's a bit young, but he quite liked the ride at Disney, so why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment