Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Nice Morning Out With the Tots

I am apparently out of storage space for pictures on this Blogger account. WHA??!! I think I mentioned this a couple weeks ago. After doing a little poking around, it seems that this issue should not have happened. I don't know why it is, though. So, I'm gonna try to a few things to get photos posted to you all, again, FREE. Seriously, $5 a year is no big deal, but it's one more thing I have to remember to do in my life. Anyway, on to my post...

Tyler, Eva and I had a nice little morning. First, I took them to Pro Club. Man, I was sore from yesterday's workout. I took it a little easier, but still did well. Tyler's been having a tough time letting me go when he's at the daycare. Nicole, the caregiver who has been there longest, has not been this week. I think she brings him comfort.

After the gym, we went to Madrona to meet up with friends from our Seattle Central class. They were no longer at the park, but we found them at Pritty Boys pizza. They have a small play area that is blocked off, and our friends were sitting right next to it. Sweet. I ordered the kids and I a couple of slices, but they weren't too interested in eating. They played and played. That allowed me to get lunch in. Once I was done, I had them sit and eat. I was really impressed with Eva. She mowed down her half slice of pizza super fast. She even beat Tyler. Soon as they were done, they went right back to playing.
When I finally got the kids out of Pritty Boys (our friends were long gone), we walked over to Verite to get a dessert. Tyler remembered that Molly Moon's sells popsicles on that street we were on and asked to go there, but those things are big and spendy. These kiddos don't need that much sweets. We all had ourselves a baby cake each.
We then picked up Vincent and headed home for naps.

At home, all three kids napped really well. At 4pm, Samantha came over to babysit all of them for us, so David and I could have a date. We went to The Pink Door and sat on their patio, looking out to Elliot Bay. Our dinner was quite yummy, to our surprise.

When we got back, Samantha was having trouble getting the kids to calm down and fall alseep. It was expected. They also heard the garage door when we pulled up and got super excited. David and I did manage to get them all to settle down, but around 10pm, all hell broke loose.

Tyler got up because he peed in the potty. He, of course, had to go dump the contents into the toilet. He can't get the door opened, so Vincent has to help him. Eva hadn't fallen asleep yet, so when we went upstairs, she was also up. She said, "Time to wake up!" No way, Sister. BUT, her "binky" was missing. This is one of her 3 comfort objects. We looked high and low for it, but didn't find it. She was super sad, and started crying for her mommy and daddy.

I was trying to help calm down Eva, and David was downstairs looking for "binky". All the while, our boys keep getting up and down. Eventually, Tyler ended up in Vincent's bed, which made David pretty upset, but I sent David downstairs to cool off, ignoring both boys from that moment on. They knew they were being naughty. Yes, Eva's still crying at this point. I finally took her downstairs to our room, gave her an extra pacifier (though different from her "binky") and just tried to keep her calm. I rocked her and sang, hoping she'd fall asleep. After about 10 minutes, maybe less, though it felt like an eternity, she asked to go back to bed. So, I took her up, and she did fall asleep.

Whew! 

No comments:

Post a Comment